06 August, 2012

Fruits are good for health..and for saving one’s soul ! How Come?


O! What an advice am I giving, you must be thinking I am completely gone mad, how can fruits be good for saving ones soul.Now this is one big question,isn't it?

If we go through bible we can see about fruits and gift God gives to his children according to what they ask.If you ask for gifts you will gets gift,but I prefer all should ask for fruits,reason I will tel you later,lets see whats there in fruits and whats there in gifts.

Lets start with whats written about gifts in Bible.

"There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them.There are different ways of serving, but the same Lord is served.There are different abilities to perform service, but the same God gives ability to all for their particular service.The Spirit's presence is shown in some way in each person for the good of all.The Spirit gives one person a message full of wisdom, while to another person the same Spirit gives a message full of knowledge.One and the same Spirit gives faith to one person, while to another person he gives the power to heal.The Spirit gives one person the power to work miracles; to another, the gift of speaking God's message; and to yet another, the ability to tell the difference between gifts that come from the Spirit and those that do not. To one person he gives the ability to speak in strange tongues, and to another he gives the ability to explain what is said.But it is one and the same Spirit who does all this; as he wishes, he gives a different gift to each person." 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

So in total, here we can see 9 gifts. 

Lets list gifts one by one  
  1. The Word of Wisdom 
  2. The Word of Knowledge 
  3. The Gift of Faith 
  4. The Gifts of Healing 
  5. The Working of Miracles
  6.  The Gift of Prophecy 
  7. The Discerning of Spirits 
  8. Different Kinds of Tongues 
  9. The Interpretation of Tongues

Now why I am writing all gifts down,As God is a generous Father of all,he pour out gifts and fruits both according to what that person ask. As its written in the bible "Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks will receive, and anyone who seeks will find, and the door will be opened to those who knock. "Mathew 7.7-8

But do the gifts confirm about our saving of our soul?Lets check that now.

I Never Knew You (WHAT are you telling????)
"Not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do what my Father in heaven wants them to do.When the Judgement Day comes, many will say to me, Lord, Lord! In your name we spoke God's message,(GIFT No 6) by your name we drove out many demons(GIFT No 4) and performed many miracles!(GIFT No 5).Then I will say to them, I never knew you. Get away from me, you wicked people! " Mathew 7.21-23

This verse clearly shows that having gifts won’t give chance to have eternal life and be with God,as our Almighty everliving God is so generous he gives his gift to all those who ask for it.Now lets see what are the fruits

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."Galatians 5:22-23  
  1. Love  
  2. Joy  
  3. Peace 
  4. Patience 
  5. Kindness  
  6. Goodness
  7. Faithfulness 
  8. Gentleness 
  9. Self-control
"I may be able to speak the languages of human beings(GIFT No 2) and even of angels(GIFT No 8), but if I have no love(FRUIT), my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging bell.I may have the gift of inspired preaching(GIFT No 6); I may have all knowledge and understand all secrets(GIFT no 9); I may have all the faith needed to move mountains(GIFT No 3)—but if I have no love(FRUIT), I am nothing.I may give away everything I have, and even give up my body to be burned —but if I have no love, this does me no good.Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. Love is eternal. There are inspired messages, but they are temporary(GIFT); there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues(GIFT No 8), but they will cease; there is knowledge(GIFT No 2), but it will pass. For our gifts of knowledge and of inspired messages are only partial(GIFT);but when what is perfect comes(FRUIT), then what is partial will disappear(GIFT).When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child; now that I am an adult, I have no more use for childish ways. What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face. What I know now is only partial; then it will be complete—as complete as God's knowledge of me.Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love"(FRUIT).1 Corinthians 13 1-13

Many times I used to get attracted to gifts initialy when I hardly knew things,isn't it cool to heal people,wow,but realized that with gifts we end up having lot of proud and forget God too sometimes,and God being too much loving don’t take gifts back,the person can still preach,and show all gifts not being with God,so always ask God for fruits and that doesn't means gift not required,it's also required to serve others but with fruit we can win God’s heart and save our soul too.

When what is perfect comes(LOVE- Fruit), then what is partial will disappear(GIFT).


LETS EAT SOME FRUITS.WHAT SAY?

Have a fruitful day.......!!!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you...so much...God bless....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely article... Initially I felt you had completely gone mad! Later I realized that I was mad instead!!! It's really wonderful the way you have showed the difference between fruits and gifts! Only a genius can think like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u sweety pie...am happy you liked it..God is Good...that he made you understand what i meant..God bless..

    ReplyDelete