02 November, 2012

Faith I witnessed

As this year is declared as year of Faith from 11th Oct, few days back I got a chance to Witness one, I went to Bhiloda, a village in District Sabarkantha on 24th Oct to celebrate the Golden Jubilee which they celebrated beautifully for the completion of 50year of their faith in Christ. 

50 years back in 1962 Father Luis Espasa began to visit the villages around Bhiloda and thus establish the mission at Mankroda-Bhiloda. The annual feast of Our Lady at Mankroda-Bhiloda is kept on Dassera which this year fell on 24 October. Hence that date was chosen to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the birth of Catholic Church in Sabarkantha.It was completion of  50years of faith of Adivasi residing there who got converted into Christians 50 years back, I witnessed the struggle they face in day to day life still how they choose to follow Christ.

The Celebration started with Aarti then the procession with Mother Mary Statue, followed with Grand Mass with many various dances and thereafter ended up with fellow faithfuls get-together and lunch.More than 3000 people came to witness the faith and I was one of them.Here are few click which I took capturing the celebration.




 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.John 15:5




TREE Grows into green Branches and then it bear Fruits like Good tree and Archbishop Stanislaus Fernandes celebrating Mass



Procession started 









Hope that the faith of the people get stonger this year of faith and be like rock forever.....

Have a faithfilled Life......Keep Rocking.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment